Missing your girls? Show them some love on Galentine’s Day. We have events to help you celebrate your friendship.
What is Galentine’s Day? According to the Slang Dictionary, Galentine’s Day is “observed on February 13, the day before Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day celebrates platonic friendships, usually among women.”
Here are a few Memphis-area events to attend with your gal pals.
- Blogger Xchange is hosting a free Women’s Crush Memphis Galentine’s day event at the Emerge Building at 516 Tennessee. Complimentary light bites and cocktails will be served. Register for the event here.
- Muddy’s Bake Shop is hosting Cupcakes and Crafts: Galentine’s Day Macrame Workshop at 585 Cooper. The $50 tickets include all materials, your first cupcake, and endless coffee.
- Loflin Yard at 7 W. Carolina is hosting Galentine’s Day karaoke featuring half-priced wine and cheese boards for ladies only.
- Easel Town at 5004 Summer is hosting a Galentine’s Day sewing class with free appetizers. The project is a Valentine’s Day throw pillow.
- Board and Brush at 8100 Macon Station is hosting a Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off DIY workshop for Galentine’s Day with free wine and snacks. You need to buy a ticket for you and your bestie to receive the discount.
- Arrow Creative at 2535 Broad is hosting a Galentine’s Floral Centerpiece Workshop. Get creative and get your tickets here.
Here are a few more Galentine’s Day events with celebrations on days besides February 13.
- Sweet Lala’s Bakery at 600 Shady Grove is hosting a Galentine’s cookie and cupcake decorating event on February 6. Guests will decorate three cookies and cupcakes each while sipping champagne.
- Knife Bird at 2155 Central is hosting a Galentine’s Brunch featuring food, mimosas, and empowerment for ladies only on February 15.
- Launch Chiropractic is hosting its 2nd Annual Galentine’s – a sip and shop event at Propcellar at 2585 Summer on February 21. General admission is $7; VIP is $12 and gives you unlimited wine. Proceeds from the ticket sales support RestoreCorp’s mission to eradicate human trafficking.
Check out one of these events and reconnect with your crew on Galentine’s. Check out more events on our Culture page.