Take a gander at these seriously talented individuals who hail from Memphis, Tennessee.
Celebrities from Memphis include:
- Justin Timberlake, who was born in Memphis to Lynn and Randall Timberlake on Jan. 31, 1981. This former “Mickey Mouse Club” regular and Man of the Woods also has several films under his belt, including “Friends with Benefits” and the Oscar-winning “Trouble with the Curve.”
- Cybill Shepherd, who was born to a homemaker and a small business owner in Memphis. She modeled for major magazines and has been credited as both a movie and TV actress.
- Actor and Memphis native Chris Parnell, who took drama and auditioned for every play during his time at Germantown High School. When he was a senior at Germantown in 1985, he was voted “Most Talented” by his classmates.
- Ginnifer Goodwin, who got her start in west Tennessee and is best known for starring in the award-winning “Walk the Line,” a film about country music star Johnny Cash.
- Kathy Bates, who took her first breath in Memphis. Her role in “Fried Green Tomatoes” earned her a solid spot in the nation’s heart, and she has not looked back since.
- Memphis-born Lucy Hale, who is a budding country music star and renowned actress best known for her portrayal of goth-princess Aria on the TV show “Pretty Little Liars.”
- Morgan Freeman, who has grown into one of the most respected figures in modern American cinema. Morgan was born in Memphis to Mayme Edna Revere and Morgan Porterfield Freeman on June 1, 1937.
Looking for more stories on what makes Memphis great?
Follow our Instagram page below!
View this post on Instagram
You may also be interested in: Senior Pet Adoption Month in Memphis