By: Brianna Smith-Herman
For those looking to add some 901 swag and excitement to their “Back Outside” pics, Memphis’ first Black Owned photo museum is here to create the perfect experience.
Pose 901 Selfie Studio is a new exhibit in Whitehaven located in The Southbrook Mall!
They offer an array of Memphis-themed colorful backdrops, props, optical illusions and interactive set-ups.
Founders Antoine Lever and City Councilwoman Michalyn Easter-Thomas envisioned “an original safe and culturally curated outlet for Memphians and tourists to take instagrammable photos.”
It’s a space for a fun time with family and friends and it can also be used to help individuals and businesses with content creation. It’s also ideal for photo shoots, boutiques, music videos and models.
There are 10-plus designed photo-op spaces that include – but are not limited to:
- The Studio. (You’re bound to find a picture of your favorite Black Memphis artists on the wall.)
- Welcome to Wakanda. (The exhibit features a backdrop of X’s, greenery and a Royal Chair for you to pose in.)
- Kickin ‘It Tough. (The interactive setup includes: cards/card table, dice, red cups, and of course, money.)
- Black Girl Magic. (I absolutely love this set! A Green Wall that reads Black Girl Magic in neon pink writing.)
- The Classroom. (Includes a locker, a chalkboard, desks, and motivating lyrics from Memphis own, Playa Fly written across the wall.)
- VIP Section. (Everybody feels Important in this set! Feel free to stand on the couch and enjoy your best life.)
- Hooping & Shoe Junkie Room. (If you like hooping and tennis, like many of Memphians do…. This is the theme for you.)
- Memphis VS. Everybody. (This set is self-explanatory. Put on your boxing gloves and get in the ring.)