The wonderful and supportive team at Epicenter Memphis have aggregated a list of resources and support for our local entrepeneurs, business owners and startups to aide us during the current health crisis. Please reference the following resources (and share with any local business!):
Epicenter’s COVID-19 Business Support Form: Please fill out this form so the team at Epicenter can best understand how to support your individual needs. Once completed, you will be contacted regarding next steps.
Wellness Wednesdays: Every Wednesday in April, join Epicenter and Jackie Oselen for a complimentary self-care support session. Jackie is a local holistic health practitioner who champions creating a lifestyle of wellness in regards to your mental, emotional and physical health
Event Details: Wednesdays in April, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m; Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/658982406; Meeting ID: 658 982 406. Pre-registration not required.
How small businesses can leverage the CARES Act: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act is a federal package of measures that seeks to provide economic support to the business sector, employees, individuals, and families in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The following types of businesses qualify for assistance:
- Small businesses with fewer than 500 employees
- Small businesses that otherwise meet the SBA’s size standard
- 501(c)(3) organizations with fewer than 500 employees
- An individual who operates as a sole proprietor (from our team: individual, professional artists and creative entrepreneurs also may be eligible)
- An individual who operates as an independent contractor
- An individual who is self-employed who regularly carries on any trade or business
- A Tribal business concern that meets the SBA size standard
- A 501(c)(19) Veterans Organization that meets the SBA size standard
The CARES Act includes the Paycheck Protection Program, a business loan program meant to offer relief to small businesses, primarily to keep employees on payroll and cover other critical expenses.
Additional Online Resources: The Team at Epicenter has been updating their website daily in regards to additional resources and support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We recommend you check this page regularly for the most up-to-date local support.
Please support our local ecosystem by sharing these resources and continuing to bring positivity, optimism and hope to small business owners navigating this unprecedented situation. Do what you do best – #BringYourSoul!
You might also be interested in: Memphis Business Resources for Entrepreneurs