If you’re looking to avoid rainy or chilly weather in Memphis, you might opt to stay home with a cup of hot chocolate and a movie or two—but that’s not your only option. After all, sometimes it can be fun to take advantage of the situation and brave the wet and misty weather.
Next time you find yourself at a loose end on a cold day, here are some fun things to do in Memphis that will turn your frown upside down:
- Take a tour of Graceland: Calling all fans of The King! In inclement weather, you might want to give the Meditation Garden a miss, but the mansion tour and the indoor Elvis Presley Automobile Museum are both ideal choices.
- Indulge in some retail therapy: Bundle up and head on over to the Downtown/South Main area—there’s no better place to give your credit card a workout! You’ll find everything from stylish designer labels to unique souvenirs at the wide array of neighborhood boutiques and specialty stores.
- Go antiquing: Memphis’ own South Front Antiques is one of the oldest architectural antique dealers in Tennessee, boasting an inventory of thousands. Whether you’ve been meaning to drop by for a while or hadn’t heard of this local gem until now, a cold day is a great excuse to go antiquing!
- Drop by the library: In addition to browsing the new books and playing on the computers, why not participate in an event or two while you’re at the Memphis Public Library? Click here for a complete calendar of events.
- Have some out-of-this-world fun at the planetarium: The Pink Palace Museum and Planetarium’s exhibits range from archeology to chemistry, so whatever you’re into, you’re bound to find something interesting. Experience science and technology on the big screen in the CTI 3D Giant Theater, travel into outer space at the AutoZone Dome and more!
Even when it’s chilly or rainy, you’ll find plenty to do in Memphis. So, what are you waiting for? Layer up, grab an umbrella and get out there!
Looking for more stories on what makes Memphis great?
Follow our Instagram page below!
View this post on Instagram