In this day and age, pretty much everyone has researched businesses online—after all, the internet is a trove of information. However, when businesses pay to be included and/or presented favorably on some websites, you’re not exactly getting an unbiased review of those companies or their products and services.
Fortunately, businesses can’t pay to be included on Expertise.com, which means you can trust the site’s findings. This independent company researches more than 100 business categories in approximately 1,000 cities across the U.S, using criteria such as:
- Availability: Consistently approachable and reachable
- Credibility: Accreditation, awards, licensing
- Experience: A history of practical experience and education
- Professionalism: Respected locally for honesty and reliability
- Reputation: A history of good service
It’s all about art
Painting is easy when you don’t know how, but very difficult when you do.
Human beings across time and place have created art for a variety of reasons—to express ourselves; to help others understand what we see, hear and feel; to validate who we are to ourselves and more. Whether this takes the form of acting, ceramics, textiles or watercolors, nurturing and developing an artistic passion is important, but it can be tricky to know where to start.
That’s where we come in. Check out this list of 10 establishments helping artistically inclined residents find and recreate the beauty of Memphis:
- Art Interior Murals & Design: Commercial and residential decorating, as well as private/semi-private art lessons
- Broad Strokes: Furniture decor creation classes and workshops
- Collierville Arts Academy: Fine arts, martial arts, performing (acting/modeling) arts programs
- Fine Art from Anne Enochs: Drawing/advanced painting classes, private lessons
- Flicker Street Studio: Drawing, oil/acrylic/encaustic painting and watercolor classes and workshops
- John Helms Gallery: Gallery and painting classes, including classes for adults and beginners
- Mery Pera: Beginner through advanced classes and events
- Pitter Potter Studio: Paint-your-own pottery parties and events
- The Art Project: Classes for kids in-studio or outside, art camps, adult workshops, events
- The Shorty Gul Art Shop: Drawing, arts and crafts, textiles, glassware/pottery/ceramics, furniture, traditional and digital art classes
Photo Credit: Pitter Potter Studio Facebook